[Backgroundrb-devel] Rails Configuration in Workers

Scott Willson scott at butlerpress.com
Tue Jun 3 23:23:06 EDT 2008

On May 4, 2008, at 4:09 PM, Scott Willson wrote:

> I override some Rails' configuration options in my project, like:
>    config.database_configuration_file = "#{RAILS_ROOT}/local/config/
> database.yml"
> But they aren't picked up in BackgroundRB because Rails ActiveRecord
> is just initialized directly in MasterWorker#load_rails_env:
>      db_config_file = YAML.load(ERB.new(IO.read("#{RAILS_HOME}/
> config/database.yml")).result)

Hey folks,

So this looks easy enough. You just need to change
MetaWorker#load_rails_env to load the entire Rails environment rather
than just read the database config + ActiveRecord. Patch attached (I
apologize for not doing a nifty Git fork/patch).

I'm a bit leery of side effects from this patch—your mileage may vary—
but it does fix my issue and seems to work just fine in my app.