[Backgroundrb-devel] How does ask_result() work?

Cédric akyrho at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 05:46:02 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I do not really understand how to use ask_result() method. I've got a
thumbnailing process fully managed with backgroundrb, and i would like to
notify the sender of the progress.

So, in my worker, i register the current status like this :

cache['thumbnailing_'+id.to_s] = '0,1,2'

And in my controller, i have this as a periodical call :

worker_status =
MiddleMan.worker(:thumbnailer_worker).ask_result(''thumbnailing_' +
params[:id].to_s).split(',')

I expect the return value as 0, 1 and 2 but it seems that ask_result() is
returning a nil value.

Thanks per advance.

--
Bousmanne Cédric