[Backgroundrb-devel] Still having trouble to load worker

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 10:23:11 EDT 2008

On 7/22/08, Cédric <akyrho at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I still have trouble since the last SVN update. I desperate to instance a
> backgroundrb worker this way :
> MiddleMan.worker(:worker => :thumbnailer_worker, :worker_key =>
> "thumbnailing_for_source_" +
> @source.id.to_s).async_generate_thumbnails(:arg =>
> @source.id)
> And all i got in my log file is this :

First, get *latest* version of backgroundrb from git, also, you can't
chain async_* like that, since in git version it will return
worker_key (which was intended behaviour, we had a bug in 1.0.4 where
a worker proxy was returned, rather than just worker key).

Second update to packet 0.1.9 and write above code like:

foo_key = MiddleMan.worker(:worker => :thumbnailer_worker, :worker_key
=> "thumbnailing_for_source_"+ at source.id.to_s)