[Backgroundrb-devel] Packet release 0.1.9 for Linux

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 00:59:06 EDT 2008

Hi Folks,

As discussed previously, you might have observed that when you start a
worker dynamically, you may not be able to interact with it
immediately (Rob, I am talking to you. ;)), this release fixes that
and you should be able to interact with the worker immediately.

BUT, the fix only works in Linux and not on Mac OSX, where
Socket#read_nonblock seems to be broken and we use recv_nonblock(). If
you are using Linux in your production please update packet gem.

http://gnufied.org