[Backgroundrb-devel] Accessing cached information during a backgroundrb process

Kieran P kieran776 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 00:55:36 EDT 2008

Hello,

We've just updated an application from an older version of backgroundrb to
the most recent code available on github.

And most of the code is now working as expected, except for one area which
is fairly important.

We pass the task off to an async function, which proceeds to the next page,
on which we have a regular get_status function running. It used to query the
worker, get the current information from what was set by register_status and
then update the page based on the information it received back.

I see that function has been removed in the recent code, and replaced with
ask_result. And while this works to get information back at the end of a
backgroundrb process, it returns nil if you ask_result while its still
running.

I've read over the docs, and am fairly certain I've got the syntax right.

Is there a function I'm not seeing, that would allow us to be able to get
the information we need during a backgroundrb process? And if not, is there
a suggested way to get around this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Regards