[Backgroundrb-devel] Fwd: Method hangs for the first time if called synchronously

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 13:34:43 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Csongor Gyuricza <csgyuricza at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hemant,
> As mentioned in my first email, this happens even when your worker has no
> code (or only a logger.info line) and no arguments passed. Nothing shows up
> in the log, it just hangs.
> Please refer to my first email and let me know if you have any additional
> questions.
> Thank you for helping us with this issue.

Today I wrote this worker:

class HelloWorker < BackgrounDRb::MetaWorker
  set_worker_name :hello_worker
  def create(args = nil)
    # some crap

  def make_request
    logger.info "hello world"

And invoked task on the worker from console as you said:
>> MiddleMan.worker(:hello_worker).make_request
=> "dummy_result"

And I got a response immediately. So this obviously a Mac only issue,
now trouble is, I don't have Mac OSX for testing, so if anyone can
give me ssh connection for a while, I will be thankful.