[Backgroundrb-devel] best approach to managing workers and getting status

Steve D swertyui at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 03:54:47 EDT 2008

hemant,

Would bdrb's queueing mechanism allow for prioritizing of tasks?

I have a few long-running low priority tasks that I'd want to run on the
condition that no high priority tasks are in the queue.

Jack's solution makes sense to my newbie brain, each time my
queue_processing_worker accesses the table, it can sort unprocessed tasks by
priority and begin from there.  But I'd rather stick to bdrb convention if
it's inbuilt already.

- Steve