[Backgroundrb-devel] ActiveRecord strangeness inside workers

Rob Lacey robl at mail.pigdestroyer.co.uk
Mon Jul 7 17:21:04 EDT 2008

Hi there,

This is my first post...erm, so if you're kind there'll be cake for desert.

I have been implementing a BackgrounDRB solution for a few remote calls
from my rails app, sometimes the call's response is immediate and
sometimes it takes 10mins so it seems like a likely candidate. We've
been plugging away at this problem all day but seems that we have a
recurring problem that we are unable to destroy a collection objects
within our worker method with no real indication why. I am sure this
can't be related to BackgrounDRB itself as I can't see how it could
break ActiveRecord. However, the server logs don't show the SQL delete
statement which is seemingly failing, is there a way I can make the log
output more verbose to be more helpful?