[Backgroundrb-devel] Authoritative Documentation

Norman Elton normelton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 11:34:06 EST 2008

> I am quite aware of Documentation problem and I intend to fix it soon
> ( any help is more than welcome! )
>
> What you are looking for is: MiddleMan.all_worker_info()

Thanks for pointing me there. I also realized that part of my problem
was that I was not running the latest 1.0.1 code. Now that things
appear to be upgraded, I'm moving along. It's great to have an active
mailing list to consult when I hit a roadblock.

I've created a very simple worker, much like the FooWorker outlined in
the documentation. The create() method registers a status, and I'm
trying to use send_request() to run another method on the worker. When
I try to do this via ./script/console, I'm getting the following error:

# Logfile created on Tue Jan 29 05:10:16 -0500 2008 by /
00000008{	:
run_dump:       type:get_resulter_worker:	data"	1234:worker_method:
{:worker
=

:nf_server_worker
, :data=>"1234", :type=>:get_result, :worker_method=>:run_dump}
The error occurred while evaluating nil.send_request
/home/normelton/nfsensei/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/framework/packet/
packet_master.rb:43:in `ask_worker'
/home/normelton/nfsensei/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/server/
master_worker.rb:130:in `process_request'
/home/normelton/nfsensei/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/server/
master_worker.rb:39:in `receive_data'
/home/normelton/nfsensei/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/lib/../framework/
packet/bin_parser.rb:29:in `call'
/home/normelton/nfsensei/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/lib/../framework/
packet/bin_parser.rb:29:in `extract'
/home/normelton/nfsensei/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/server/
master_worker.rb:33:in `receive_data'
/home/normelton/nfsensei/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/framework/packet/
core.rb:199:in `read_external_socket'
/home/normelton/nfsensei/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/framework/packet/
core.rb:191:in `handle_external_messages'
/home/normelton/nfsensei/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/framework/packet/
core.rb:160:in `start_reactor'
/home/normelton/nfsensei/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/framework/packet/
core.rb:156:in `each'
/home/normelton/nfsensei/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/framework/packet/
core.rb:156:in `start_reactor'
/home/normelton/nfsensei/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/framework/packet/
core.rb:147:in `loop'
/home/normelton/nfsensei/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/framework/packet/
core.rb:147:in `start_reactor'
/home/normelton/nfsensei/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/framework/packet/
packet_master.rb:20:in `run'
/home/normelton/nfsensei/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/server/
master_worker.rb:163:in `initialize'
./script/backgroundrb:41:in `new'
./script/backgroundrb:41

I've pasted my worker online: