[Backgroundrb-devel] Connections

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 00:34:16 EST 2008

On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Meech <meechman at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm checking out backgroundrb for a calculation process I estimate will take
> 2-3 minutes and be ran on-demand only via Rails.  Very easy and slick.
>
> But I have a question.
>
> The connections never close, if I do a netstat they just keep piling up.
>
> Do I need to do some housekeeping somewhere?   I noticed the
> @connection.close statements are commented out in favor of a # FIXME type
> deal.
>
> Even if I store read_from_bdrb in an intermediate variable, call
> @connection.close then return, they still sit in a CLOSE_WAIT status forever
> -- long, long after mongrel has cleaned up.

That shouldn't be a problem, although initially @connection.close
wasn't invoked to circumvent a bug with socket write, but I perhaps
understand your concern ( running out of open file descriptor? ), file
a ticket, if possible here:

http://backgroundrb.devjavu.com/

I will fix this in next release.

http://gnufied.org