[Backgroundrb-devel] Connections

Meech meechman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 23:56:06 EST 2008

I'm checking out backgroundrb for a calculation process I estimate will take
2-3 minutes and be ran on-demand only via Rails.  Very easy and slick.

But I have a question.

The connections never close, if I do a netstat they just keep piling up.

Do I need to do some housekeeping somewhere?   I noticed the @
connection.close statements are commented out in favor of a # FIXME type

Even if I store read_from_bdrb in an intermediate variable, call @
connection.close then return, they still sit in a CLOSE_WAIT status forever
-- long, long after mongrel has cleaned up.

I'm not a communications guy, so if I'm doing something wrong, let me know.