[Backgroundrb-devel] Backgroundrb 1.0.1: uninitialized constant Packet::ClassHelpers (NameError)

felix clack felixclack at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 22:31:19 EST 2008

Hi hemant,

thanks for the help but unfortunately that hasn't worked either. Still the
same error message when attempting to start backgroundrb.

The require line you suggested wasn't present in packet.rb so I added it,
however the same error message still appeared.

I've also checked out a fresh copy of backgroundrb to ensure I haven't
introduced any errors in the code. Doesn't seem to have made any difference
to the error.

On 17/01/2008, hemant kumar <gethemant at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 13:47 +1100, felix clack wrote:
> > Thanks.
> >
> > I tried that, however I still get the same error. I'm able to get
> > things working if I comment out the line
> > include Packet::ClassHelper.
> >
> > The problem I experience now is I'm getting Packet::Disconnect errors
> > during my worker scraping other websites. I'm guessing this problem is
> > not a bug in backgroundrb but probably with the sites I'm connecting
> > to.
>
> I doubt that backgroundrb will work properly if you comment that line.
> check if framework/packet.rb has require 'class_helpers' in it.
>

> > On 17/01/2008, hemant <gethemant at gmail.com> wrote:
> >         Hi,
> >
> >         On Jan 17, 2008 5:03 AM, felix clack <felixclack at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >         > Hi,
> >         >
> >         > just updated backgroundrb to release 1.0.1 and am getting this
> error when
> >         > trying to start backgroundrb.
> >         > vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/framework/core.rb:18:
> uninitialized constant
> >         > Packet::ClassHelpers (NameError)
> >         >
> >         > Just updated from r298 where everything was working fine.
> >         >
> >         > If I comment out the offending line then backgroundrb starts
> but I can't
> >         > connect to it from my app.
> >         >
> >         > Anyone have any ideas as to what may be the problem?
> >
> >         Did you remove old backgroundrb script from RAILS_ROOT/script/
> >         directory? If not remove that file and run:
> >
> >         rake backgroundrb:setup
> >

> >         --
> >         Let them talk of their oriental summer climes of everlasting
> >         conservatories; give me the privilege of making my own summer
> with my
> >         own coals.
> >
> >         http://gnufied.org
> >

> > --