[Backgroundrb-devel] BackgrounDRb::PacketLogger issue

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 09:34:22 EST 2008

Hi

On Jan 11, 2008 6:43 PM, Olly Lylo <list at lylo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I have recently upgraded to v1.0.1 and I've noticed an issue which I don't
> believe was present in the 0.2 release.   In my worker class I am logging
> errors as follows:
>
>     logger.error "the error message"
>
> However, this now causes an exception to be thrown in the new version:
>
>   undefined method `error' for #<BackgrounDRb::PacketLogger:0xb6f60ed0>
>
> Looking at the docs for PacketLogger (
> http://backgroundrb.rubyforge.org/classes/BackgrounDRb/PacketLogger.html) it
> seems that only debug and info have been defined.  Should I submit a patch
> for adding 'warn', 'error' and 'fatal' so that this interface matches that
> of the Ruby logger class?

This is the current code:

http://svn.devjavu.com/backgroundrb/tags/release-1.0.1/server/meta_worker.rb

That RDoc is a bit old. Also, I have never really got around to
implement full logger functionality. If you can implement that and
submit the patch with proper test cases, it would be great.

http://gnufied.org