[Backgroundrb-devel] BackgrounDRb::PacketLogger issue

Olly Lylo list at lylo.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 08:13:00 EST 2008

Hi there
I have recently upgraded to v1.0.1 and I've noticed an issue which I don't
believe was present in the 0.2 release.   In my worker class I am logging
errors as follows:

    logger.error "the error message"

However, this now causes an exception to be thrown in the new version:

  undefined method `error' for #<BackgrounDRb::PacketLogger:0xb6f60ed0>

Looking at the docs for PacketLogger (
http://backgroundrb.rubyforge.org/classes/BackgrounDRb/PacketLogger.html) it
seems that only debug and info have been defined.  Should I submit a patch
for adding 'warn', 'error' and 'fatal' so that this interface matches that
of the Ruby logger class?

Many thanks,
Olly