[Backgroundrb-devel] Worker suicide

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 15:16:37 EST 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 1:12 AM, John O'Shea <joshea at nooked.com> wrote:
> By co-incidence I have the same use case - the (dynamically created) worker
> process is exiting just fine when it hits the exit at the end of the create
> method.  However, subsequent calls to MiddleMan.query_all_workers still
> lists the worker and its last known status.  I have a web UI for monitoring
> worker activity so this is a little misleading for our admins.

Thats intentional, although name is a misnomer I admit. But if you
want to find the workers which are currently running,use
MiddleMan.all_worker_info

> Is there any way to get the master to realize the worker is gone?  I am also
> seeing "Some read error" messages in the backroundrb console and judging
> from a related discussion at
> http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/backgroundrb-devel/2007-December/001146.html
> the master isn't cleaning up the socket connection to the worker (and
> removing the worker from its internal lists).
>
> (I'm running from the 1.0 release tag btw).

Master DOES realize when a worker is gone and please upgrade to trunk
or 1.0.1 release. Its rather important and above
method(all_worker_info) has been added in 1.0.1 only.

http://gnufied.org