[Backgroundrb-devel] [ANN] BackgrounDRb 1.0.1 release available now
gethemant at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 20:33:16 EST 2008
I am glad to announce a 1.0.1 release of BackgrounDRb library. It has
numerous fixes and some nice feature updates, so please upgrade.
Updates and Fixes:
* Fixed issue with Mysql Lost connections
* Message debugging can be disabled now with 'debug_log' option in
configuration file( :debug_log: false)
* Use lazy load (:lazy_load: true) of models in master
* MiddleMan.delete_worker aborts a worker immediately now.
* Get information about all running workers. ( MiddleMan.all_worker_info)
* Enable setting of thread pool size. Tasks can be queued easily now.
* Introspect a running worker ( MiddleMan.worker_info, note that this
is different that MiddleMan.ask_status, since later will return status
objects set by you in worker code)
* Removed messing around with Core classes. BackgrounDRb doesn't
change behavior of any core classes now.
* Worker status objects stay even after a worker dies.
* BackgrounDRb can now store worker results/status objects in Memcache now.
* Fixed issues with thread pool.
* Committed Patches by Jason for test helper.
* Committed patch for honoring wday option by Adam.
* Advanced Rails Recipes book contains a full recipe on using
BackgrounDRb now, hurray.
* Distributed workers and persistent worker queues.
* Ezra and Skaar for taking BackgrounDRb so far.
* Francis for EventMachine and inspiration.
* Jason for helping out with thread and mysql lost connection issues.
* Adam for wday patch.
* All the early adopters.
Usage and Installation Instructions:
Last but not the least, if you are using BackgrounDRb plugin and wan't
to help, please send your patches either to track or to the list. I
would like to point that, there are NO outstanding bugs
thats unfixed with this version of BackgrounDRb. So give it a spin and
drop in a mail to the list, if you have any problems.
Also, if you are still using older version of BackgrounDRb, I will
suggest you to upgrade. It shouldn't be painful. Older version of
BackgrounDRb has few unresolved bugs because of dependency on Slave
library ( Yeah, I do not understand that library), so please upgrade.
Let them talk of their oriental summer climes of everlasting
conservatories; give me the privilege of making my own summer with my
More information about the Backgroundrb-devel