[Backgroundrb-devel] Updates and Fixes on Trunk

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 19:22:14 EST 2008

I am pushing some updates and fixes that addresses much of the issues
that we talked about since last couple of days.

1. Use  configuration option   :debug_log: false to disable
2. As shown below, use lazy_load option to disable aggressive loading
of models ( and somewhat stupid too).
3. MiddleMan.delete_worker(:worker => :foo_worker) will now ABORT the
worker, it won't wait for tasks to finish. I am still skeptic about
the behavior,  but since that was the behavior in older version, I am
continuing it.
4. Get information about all running workers:

>> MiddleMan.all_worker_info
=> [{:worker=>:log_worker, :status=>:running, :job_key=>""},
{:worker=>:foo_worker, :status=>:running, :job_key=>""}]

  :port: 11006
  :ip: localhost
  :environment: production
  :log: foreground
  :lazy_load: true
  :debug_log: false

Those who have reported any bugs in past are requested to follow up
and see if its fixed. I won't suggest to run this in production
straightaway, but do your testing first and then deploy.