[Backgroundrb-devel] Delete a busy worker

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 16:37:30 EST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 2:10 AM, Walter McGinnis <walter at katipo.co.nz> wrote:
> I'm experiencing this, too.  I can delete a worker after it's finished it's
> finished executing a particular ask_work with :worker_method call, but I
> can't "abort" the worker early if I want to interrupt execution of ask_work.
>
> I do call delete_worker with both the :worker and :job_key specified.
>
> So I second Zach's problem.

When you invoke MiddleMan.delete_worker(), you are actually calling
"exit" from within the worker. Thats the current implementation, and
by default your requests are queued and hence "exit" is not invoked
until, whatever worker is doing is finished. And hence the behavior.
But this can be changed and master can explicitly terminate a worker,
since it has process id of each worker, so will that be a more
desirable behavior?

http://gnufied.org