[Backgroundrb-devel] Release 1.0.3 RC2

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 21:12:34 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 7:26 AM, hemant <gethemant at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
>  I have been putting together new release of BackgrounDRb with lots of
>  bug fixes, API cleanup, Test Cases and stuff. I have been also working
>  on getting new documentation ready.
>
>  So here are the latest changes:
>
>  * Fixed few memory leaks related to workers.
>  * You can disable logging altogether now using :debug_log false option
>  in configuration files.
>  * New cleaner API for invoking tasks/collecting status results from rails:
>
>  You can use:
>
>  MiddleMan.worker(:foo_worker).some_method
>
>  rather than:
>
>  MiddleMan.ask_work(:worker => :foo_worker, :worker_method => :some_method)
>
>  You can use:
>
>  MiddleMan.worker(:foo_worker).ask_status
>
>  *  Implemented reloadable workers. Now, you can reload/restart your
>  worker when its ready to be scheduled. So for workers which aren't
>  doing lots of acvitity, you
>  can configure them to reload when firetime has arrived.
>
>  I have also put together new documentation which is currently available at:
>
>  http://backgroundrb.gnufied.org
>
>  Also, whatever API changes that I have introduced won't break any
>  existing code, so you can upgrade without any problems.

Also, above documentation location is totally temporary and just for
people who want to try out RC2 git release.
In a day or two, I will push final release of 1.0.3 and documentation
available at rubyforge will be updated with new content.

Also, when 1.0.3 will be released using git-svn I will update the svn
mirrors having backgroundrb code. At least thats the approach until
svn is deprecated fully.