[Backgroundrb-devel] Release 1.0.3 RC2

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 20:56:37 EST 2008

Hi Folks,

I have been putting together new release of BackgrounDRb with lots of
bug fixes, API cleanup, Test Cases and stuff. I have been also working
on getting new documentation ready.

So here are the latest changes:

* Fixed few memory leaks related to workers.
* You can disable logging altogether now using :debug_log false option
in configuration files.
* New cleaner API for invoking tasks/collecting status results from rails:

You can use:

MiddleMan.worker(:foo_worker).some_method

rather than:

MiddleMan.ask_work(:worker => :foo_worker, :worker_method => :some_method)

You can use:

MiddleMan.worker(:foo_worker).ask_status

*  Implemented reloadable workers. Now, you can reload/restart your
worker when its ready to be scheduled. So for workers which aren't
doing lots of acvitity, you
can configure them to reload when firetime has arrived.

I have also put together new documentation which is currently available at:

http://backgroundrb.gnufied.org

Also, whatever API changes that I have introduced won't break any
existing code, so you can upgrade without any problems.

http://gnufied.org