[Backgroundrb-devel] Triggering a long running task twice while it is already running

Eric Pugh epugh at opensourceconnections.com
Wed Feb 27 09:18:04 EST 2008

Hi all,

I have a process that "clusters" tagged data using the Ruby Cluster
Gem...  It takes ~3 minutes to doing the clustering process, so
backgroundrb is a life saver!  However, I have found that if I attempt
to ask for another run of the cluster worker while it is already
running, I get a "Not able to connect" error message...

Does that sound like the correct behavior?  Do I need to manage when I
call the ask_worker?

Eric Pugh | Principal | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com