[Backgroundrb-devel] BackgrounDRb prerelease for 1.0.3 version
gethemant at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 14:45:41 EST 2008
I have worker out quite some changes as promised in last mail. Here is
a brief ChangeLog:
* Added TestCases for Cron Triggers, Meta Workers and stuff. We are
heading towards proper code coverage with specs.
* Added preliminary support for starting a worker on demand through
scheduler. What it means is, when you have a worker which is getting
scheduled very less frequently and you don't want the worker to
persist, you can ask BackgrounDRb to restart the worker on each
* Fixed some unreported issues with writing data to socket between
workers and stuff.
* Fixed issues with too many open connections, because connections
were not getting closed. BackgrounDRb now opens only one connection,
reused throughout the lifecycle of rails application.
* Fixed all outstanding issues with Cron triggers, BackgrounDRb now
explicitly depends on "chronic" gem.
* Removed Framework directory and BackgrounDRb now explicitly depends
on packet gem.
gem install packet chronic
Checkout code from git repository:
git clone git at gitorious.org:backgroundrb/mainline.git backgroundrb
As usual, remove old backgroundrb script from script directory and
start bdrb server.
Let them talk of their oriental summer climes of everlasting
conservatories; give me the privilege of making my own summer with my
More information about the Backgroundrb-devel