[Backgroundrb-devel] BackgrounDRb prerelease for 1.0.3 version

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 14:45:41 EST 2008

Hullo there,

I have worker out quite some changes as promised in last mail. Here is
a brief ChangeLog:

	* Added TestCases for Cron Triggers, Meta Workers and stuff. We are
heading towards proper code coverage with specs.

	* Added preliminary support for starting a worker on demand through
scheduler. What it means is, when you have a worker which is getting
	scheduled very less frequently and you don't want the worker to
persist, you can ask BackgrounDRb to restart the worker on each
schedule.

	* Fixed some unreported issues with writing data to socket between
workers and stuff.

	* Fixed issues with too many open connections, because connections
were not getting closed. BackgrounDRb now opens only one connection,
which is
	reused throughout the lifecycle of rails application.

	* Fixed all outstanding issues with Cron triggers, BackgrounDRb now
explicitly depends on "chronic" gem.

	* Removed Framework directory and BackgrounDRb now explicitly depends
on packet gem.

To install:

gem install packet chronic

Checkout code from git repository:

git clone git at gitorious.org:backgroundrb/mainline.git backgroundrb

As usual, remove old backgroundrb script from script directory and
start bdrb server.

http://gnufied.org