[Backgroundrb-devel] Getting started

Richard Everhart rich.everhart at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 17:06:07 EST 2008

I'm just getting started with Backgroundrb and I'm having a lot of
problems.  First of all, whenever I try to start or execute a worker I
get the following error:

BackgrounDRb::BdrbConnError (Not able to connect):
    .//vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/lib/backgroundrb.rb:47:in `new_worker'
    .//app/controllers/testdrb_controller.rb:13:in `do_fib'

I'm using rails version 1.2.6 and ruby 1.8.6.  My backgroundrb.yaml
looks like this:
  :port: 11006

I am starting the server for my app first and then running
'script/backgroundrb start' afterwards.  I'm just testing out
backgroundrb to get a feel of it so my app is pretty simple.  A number
is selected from a drop down and the user presses a 'go' button
causing the worker to calculate the selected number's fibonacci number
(just needed something long running).

Any help much appreciated.