[Backgroundrb-devel] Best Way Automatically Start BDRB?

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 10:39:38 EDT 2008

On 8/14/08, Ramon Miguel M. Tayag <ramon.tayag at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone!
>  What would be the best way to automatically start backgroundrb? Like
>  if the server crashes or reboots or something...?  When I do it
>  manually, I have to start it like this from the rails root directory:

Use monit or something.

>  $ RAILS_ENV=production ruby script/backgroundrb start
>  It seems that if I don't put the RAILS_ENV var, it looks for
>  development database.  This is even if I edited
>  config/backgroundrb.yml to use production.

If thats happening, its a bug. But, in git version, I have put some
effort for making sure, this kinda thing never happens. What version
you are using?

If you are still facing this problem. send me your sample app as  a
tar ball (i.e, don't send me your main project, create a sample rails
app and try to simulate what happens).