[Backgroundrb-devel] Fwd: Starting It In Production?

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 04:26:30 EDT 2008

Please keep the discussion on the list, its immensely useful for folks
looking for solutions to similar problems.

Yup, I just reinstalled it today and got the instructions from the
website.  Got it from git.

version: 1.0.4

It seems that when I do a simple script/backgroundrb I get permission
errors.  However, I see that the current account I'm in is the owner
of script/backgroundrb, tmp, and tmp/pids (I did an "ls -l" to check)
.  What I end up having to run is "RAILS_ENV=production ruby
script/backgroundrb start" instead.  Not sure why...

-e production or --environment=production don't work.

But you're right.  I didn't have the "tmp" folder in /home/ramon/myapp/shared

Thank you :)

--
Ramon Tayag

http://gnufied.org