[Backgroundrb-devel] Using Backgroundrb?

Adam Williams adam at thewilliams.ws
Wed Apr 23 06:45:10 EDT 2008

On Apr 23, 2008, at 1:07 AM, Julien Genestoux wrote:

> I still have a few questions : shoud I have one worker for each feed
> that is called periodically (add_periodic_timer) or rather one single
> worker that calls every feed one by one?
>
> What is the best solution, perfomance-wise?

Good question... I don't suppose I know exactly. I would start by
processing all the feeds in one worker invocation - that is what I
have done for sending an unknown amount of email. It just seems wrong
to me to invoke a worker for one email at a time.

The right answer likely lies in understanding the whole MasterWorker,
Packet::Reactor/handler_instance.ask_work bits of the puzzle...

    adam