[Backgroundrb-devel] Problem with starting backgroundrb server!

Dominik Langer dlanger at swissonline.ch
Wed Apr 23 03:12:42 EDT 2008

Hi Sup

Regarding your first error (i.e., bdrb_config.rb; which you seem to have
solved by yourself): I had the same error first, because after checkout
I had backgroundrb in the wrong folder.
- be sure that BackgrounDrb is installed in <your rails app
base>/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/
- this means bdrb_config.rb should be at <your rails app
base>/vendor/plugins/backgroundrb/lib/bdrb_config.rb

Regarding your second error (i.e., unimplemented fork function):
- what kind operating system are you running? Fork is not implemented on
Windows, but only on Unix/Linux machines.
- If you are running Windows, switch to a Linux machine (a virtual
machine on the same PC might also work)

Cheers,
Dominik