[Backgroundrb-devel] Good news: BackgrounDRb now works on Windows

Ryan Leavengood leavengood at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 15:39:58 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Paul Kmiec <paul.kmiec at appfolio.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I am not sure either. Truthfully, I have not used git before and
> haven't quite grasped it yet. Seems projects (like backgroundrb, RoR)
> are starting to move their code trees to git while maintaining svn
> access.

Git is really worth learning. I'm only just beginning with it myself,
but I plan to move all my projects to it eventually. It has nice SVN
integration so you can actually play with it against an SVN repo. Of
course GitHub.com or gitorious.org have plenty of interesting projects
to play with too.

Search video.google.com for a couple Google Tech Talks about Git, one
from Linus himself (more about why he created it) and one from Randal
Swartz that goes into more detail about how to use it.

The Git manual is quite good and can get you going fairly quick, but
also delves into some detail:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/user-manual.html

There are also lots of other articles and screencasts on the
blogosphere. This is a great (and free) one about using git on a Rails
project:

http://www.vimeo.com/369095

Regards,
Ryan