[Backgroundrb-devel] Cutting down BackgrounDRb memory issue

hemant kumar gethemant at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 21:53:59 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-13 at 16:41 -0700, Paul Kmiec wrote:
>         >  This help significantly in improving stability of
>         BackgrounDRb and code
>         >  written on top of packet. So what you guys think? Shall we
>         go for this
>         >  change?
>         It sounds good to me. Anything that helps stability and
>         improves
>         memory usage will always get my vote.
> I agree.
> Paul

Okay folks,

I have updated git repo of just packet with latest changes wherein
I have removed fork in favour of fork and exec:

The only catch is, now we need some kinda runner to run our workers
since exec takes argument in form of string only. For example:

 exec "packet_worker_runner ##{t_worker_name}:{worker_read_end.fileno}:#{worker_write_end.fileno}:#{option_dump_length}"

One option we have is to have "packet_worker_runner" as installed executable when user installs packet gem.

Any other ideas?