[Backgroundrb-devel] does backgroundrb server need rails environment?

Paul Kmiec paul.kmiec at appfolio.com
Fri Apr 11 18:15:23 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I noticed that script/backgroudrb requires config/environment which
causes the backgroundrb server as well as the log worker to 'bloat' to
35MB each. I am kind of sensitive to memory issues, so I patched the
code and essentially moved the require of environment from
script/backgroundrb to the meta_worker. Everything seems good and now
both backgroundrb server and log worker hang around 12MB.

Is there a reason why script/backgroundrb loads the environment? I
suppose it makes spawning rail workers faster?

Anyways, if anyone is interested, I can post my simple patch.
Paul