[Backgroundrb-devel] ActiveRecord::Observers?

Chris Nohr chris at thenumber.biz
Thu Apr 3 12:44:29 EDT 2008

wow, backgroundrb is great. in about 3 hours we had converted all our
daemons over from daemon-generator to backgroundrb, with much more
control and power. it's awesome. the only problem is that we can't
seem to get the observers to load.

in my worker, I go like this:

   def create(args = nil)
     ActiveRecord::Base.observers = :event_observer

which indicates it's loaded, but it doesn't seem to trigger itself.
does anybody have any known issues with observers not observing?

also, I'm a bit confused about how/when it loads environment files -
does it load the environment/production.rb file if i'm in production