[Backgroundrb-devel] Couple questions about backgroundrb

Eric Pugh epugh at opensourceconnections.com
Fri Sep 28 12:44:06 EDT 2007

I agree with the -1 of cron..  it is a slippery slope..  You think
"Oh, I'll just cron this one job", and before you know it you have 5
or 10 of them..  And no way to monitor them from the webapp...  So
you start communicating via database tables..

And then you deploy on a new server, and forget to check the crontab
because it's under some sort of special user account!   BackgroundRB
is much better..

But I agree that it needs another release..  I have a version that
isn't trunk latest that works great for me, but when I tried trunk I
had lots of errors so went back to what worked.   Joe, I can zip it
and send it to you..  Not sure what "version" of backgroundrb it is
though...

Eric