[Backgroundrb-devel] Using ActiveRecord with CachingSweep.

Alessio Bernesco Làvore bernesco at muteki.it
Sun Sep 16 19:58:41 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I need to sweep a fragment cache when a specific model is destroyed.
Usually I'm using a cache_sweeper that observe the "on_destroy" event
and then sweep the cache.
When the operation is started from inside a controller, by an action,
everything works well.
But when the action is started from inside a Worker (i.e. a worker
destroing objects olders than X hours) i'm not able to trigger the
sweeping.

Anyone can explain me why is this happening and also give me an
advice on how to sweep a cache fragment from inside a worker?

Thank you,

Alessio Bernesco Làvore
www.muteki.it
bernesco at muteki.it