[Backgroundrb-devel] Need advice - which version to use?

Bill Walton bill.walton at charter.net
Wed Oct 24 09:20:41 EDT 2007

Greetings!

I could use some advice on which version of BackgrounDrb to use in my current situation.  I've implemented the initial, single-process multi-threaded version in a previous site, but have no experience with the new version.  Current situation is as follows.

The application involves personal health information and so has very stringent session management requirements.  My question derives from the need to reset the session (to require re-login) when the visitor closes their browser.  Current thought-process is to use periodically_call_remote to set a session variable that can be checked by a worker to determine whether or not the browser is still there.

Anybody got any thoughts to share on the pros and cons of either version of BackgrounDrb for this?

Thanks in advance,
Bill