[Backgroundrb-devel] How to get result from do_work in a worker

Nii Amon Dsane jazzyy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 09:40:06 EST 2007

Hi guys,

I have a problem that I would some need help with. I have a long-running
task that blocks my server when it's processing. Now I refactored that into
a backgroundrb worker class that does the processing for the action. Now my
problem is how to retrieve the result for the task when the worker is done
processing since the MiddleMan.new_worker returns just the job_key.

Any ideas about how I could retrieve the result from the worker class?

Thanks.
Nii Amon