[Backgroundrb-devel] workers cleanup

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 13:36:42 EST 2007

On 11/7/07, Reynard <reynard.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using backgroundrb 0.2.1 and having problem with worker processes
> staying around when the rails application does not explicitly delete
> them.
> Is there a way to automatically delete the worker processes when it
> has completed the job?
You can use worker.delete method or from inside of a worker
self.delete to terminate the worker.

> Also does killing the process manually (using kill command) harm the
> backgroundrb server? I have some occasions where the backgroundrb
> server just hangs, or throws strange errors (which suggests that the
> worker.results data was corrupted)

There are some unsolved issues with result data corruption and stuff.
A new release of backgroundrb is around the corner ( this weekend, i
hope to get it out of pre-release, and implement crontab schedulers,
unix schedulers and stuff).