[Backgroundrb-devel] pre-release version of backgroundrb available now from svn

hemant gethemant at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 11:51:55 EST 2007

> > You will find support for schedules very rough around the edges.
> > Reason is, You can use
> >
> > add_periodic_timer(5) { foo_job }

Ok, I guess new release has been quite cold, with lots of changes from
existing practices. May be, time to implement some more interesting
ideas. I am still working on couple of things and I am a bit confused
on how to export a plugin from a project. I am using svn export, and
svn import to export the current plugin, but it kinda sucks.

If you guys have some opinions, about developing a plugin with a rails
project, please mention.

Now, here is the interesting part. I am working to implement
"runt"(http://runt.rubyforge.org/) temporal expressions in
backgroundrb, so as you can schedule tasks such as billing and stuff
more easily.

What you guys, think? Will it be useful to takeout existing cron style
scheduling from trunk and implement a runt interface in experimental