[Backgroundrb-devel] Helpers not available to ActionMailer classes in backgroundrb

D. Taylor Singletary taylorsingletary at gmail.com
Mon May 21 12:38:39 EDT 2007

Hi there,

I've got a problem I'm hoping someone else has run into before and might
have some tips on.

I have an ActionMailer class where I'm manually including my application
helper along with simply_helpful for use in my html emal templates.

This works fine when calling the mailer class from another model class..
(example.. @order.deliver_emails would be a method that would call the
deliver methods of my ActionMailer object.

But when I offload the delivery of emails to a Backgroundrb process, even
though I have these include statements in my mailer model (and have even
tried including them within my worker library), I get an error triggered
when sending emails out that it couldn't utilize my helpers.

Has anyone run into this and possibly have any advice to make my workers
aware of the directives I have in my ActionMailer class?

Thanks.
D. Taylor Singletary,
Reality Technician
http://realitytechnicians.com