[Backgroundrb-devel] Worker cleanup and TTL

James Le Cuirot chewi at aura-online.co.uk
Sat May 19 08:14:19 EDT 2007

Hello. I read in an old announcement by Ezra, relating to the older
version of BackgrounDRb, about workers being able to clean up after
themselves and a TTL feature. I'm not sure if these things are present
in the newer version.

I've tried overriding the delete method in my worker but when I call
delete_worker, the method doesn't appear to be called. Is there a
right way to do this? If not, could a callback be added?

The :ttl option doesn't appear to be there anymore. With scheduling,
does :end actually delete the worker or merely stop making calls to it?
If it doesn't delete, I could achieve the same effect by setting up a
scheduler that sends different args between the first and second calls
and do_work could subsequently delete the worker on the second call.
This seems rather awkward though. Is there a better way?