[Backgroundrb-devel] exec format error

Ivor Paul ivorpaul at gmail.com
Thu May 17 05:25:22 EDT 2007

Hi

I have been using backgroundrb version 0.1 for a while. Unfortunately, I
have to develop on windows :(
It has worked fine for a while. However, this morning I started up and old
app that worked fine and get this error.

exec format error
from running --trace I see that the error comes from backgroundrb_tasks.rb
line 59 which reads:

 59   `#{scripts_src}/start -d`

Here is the context.
desc 'Start backgroundrb server (default values)'
  task :start do
    scripts_src = "#{RAILS_ROOT}/script/backgroundrb"

    if File.exists?(scripts_src)
    `#{scripts_src}/start -d`
    else
      puts "Backgroundrb is not installed. Run 'rake backgroundrb:setup'
first!"

I have recently upgraded to rails 1.2 - could that be the problem?

Regards
Ivor