[Backgroundrb-devel] example code for file upload

Walter McGinnis walter at katipo.co.nz
Thu Mar 29 23:18:56 EDT 2007

I have an archiving application that handles large file uploads.  I
already use backgroundrb to run a behind the scenes bulk import of
records.  All good.  Thank you Ezra.

Now I would like to add long running file uploads to the things that
backgroundrb does for me.  That's right that ole chestnut.  I've seen
a lot of mention of this practice around the web, but have yet come
across good example code about how this is done.  At least not beyond
the ajax progress bar aspect.

I guess I'm looking for answer to how one gets the stream of the
uploading file submitted by the user from mongrel to a backgroundrb
before the upload actually completes?

Cheers,
Walter