[Backgroundrb-devel] Problems using a internationalization plugin with BackgroundRb

Alessio Bernesco Làvore bernesco at muteki.it
Thu Mar 22 13:53:43 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I've a strange problem during those days, giving me a really bad

I'm using a worker that has someting like this:

for message in RunningMessage.find(:all,:condtions => ["......"])

The class RunningMessage use the "localization" plugin in this way;

def expired

The localization file has a key "message_expired" that looks like:

"message_expired","the message expires at %S"

When i run the method expired from inside rails, the user receives
the translated message, but when the method is invocated by the
worker the user receives just the not translated key in the message.

I've read something about the needs to re-initialize the plugins
inside the workers, but at this time i've initilized the Localization
plugin inside the Worker, in the User class, in the Message class,
but nothing happens.

Some hints?