[Backgroundrb-devel] Garbage collection kills my logger and results jobs too

Matthew pelargir at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 14:25:12 EST 2007

I wrote the following script to run garbage collection on Backgroundrb
workers older than 30 minutes:

class WorkerCleaner
  def self.remove_stale_workers
    MiddleMan.gc!(Time.now - 60*30)

I stuck is under /lib in my Rails app and run it using script/runner from a
cron job. The only problem I'm seeing is that this script kills my
backgroundrb_results and backgroundrb_logger jobs after they've been running
for more than 30 minutes. Is this expected? How can I alter this script to
ignore the results and logger jobs and let them continue to run while
cleaning up anything else that has expired?