[Backgroundrb-devel] recycled objects and gc problem

Charlie Bowman charlesmbowman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 10:39:09 EDT 2007

I've been digging around all morning through google trying to understand the
problem of recycled objects.  I'm only getting the error sometimes, so its
very had to track down.  I dont think I'm using any variables in my worker
that come from the app so I'm not sure what is being gc'd that is causing
the errors.  You can see that the real work isn't being done in the drb but
in my models.  I do this to help ease testing of these methods.  Is my woker
causing the recycled object errors?

class GrabFeedWorker < BackgrounDRb::Worker::RailsBase
  require 'net/http'
  require 'simple-rss'
  def do_work(args)
    Space.find(args[:space]).update_all_syndications if args[:space]
    Feed.find(args[:feed]).update_feed if args[:feed]