[Backgroundrb-devel] Server dying with perpetual "Connection reset by peer"

Mason Hale masonhale at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 11:06:28 EDT 2007

On 7/29/07, Daniel Azuma <dazuma at alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:

> This appears to be the same issue that Peer Allan observed back in
> May-- in that case the workers were triggered on a schedule, but in
> my case it is triggered via a remote MiddleMan.

By "triggered via a remote MiddleMan" do you mean that one backgroundrb
worker is spawning additional workers? If so, then that could be the
problem. I had a lot of connection reset by peer errors when trying to spawn
workers from other workers.

If not, are you using Unix sockets? I've seen cases where the process names
become very long, due to the class name and job key being concatenated into
the process name. If the name is too long, then backgroundrb may not be able
to locate a matching socket file to make the connection. If that might be
the case, try shortening your class names and/or setting explicit, short
jobkeys for your worker processes.