[Backgroundrb-devel] Scheduler skipping schedules

Levent Ali levent at leventali.com
Thu Jul 19 12:50:29 EDT 2007

There is a line in the backgroundrb codebase:

sleep 0.1  # TODO this is dangerous; could skip over some jobs

Could this explain why my scheduler stops triggering?

It only seems to work for about 12 - 24 hours before schedules are
being skipped...

Once I changed the times to using cron trigger in
backgroundrb_schedules.yml and set the times to every 37th and 59th
minute of the hour, instead of the previous repeat_interval of
60.minutes it seemed to improve but it still stops being triggered
within a day and doesn't seem to start again unless I stop and start
background rb...

Sometimes this is both my schedules, sometimes just one of them...
Other tasks that are directly triggered still work...

This is really driving us a bit nuts as we can't get to the bottom of
it and nobody else seems to have any ideas?

I did see a post on an Exception not being caught and took care of
that but it didn't seem to make any difference... The code is
thoroughly tested and I really doubt it's the application code unless
the sheer volume of data could affect it?