[Backgroundrb-devel] RMagick progress monitor with backgroundrb - possible?

Wil Chung wil at 3cglabs.com
Wed Jul 18 17:06:55 EDT 2007

If monitor() does what I think it does, then it's probably possible.

You can store the progress in the worker status, and then call an action
like "check_status" that asks for the worker's status.  If you were using
rails, you would then return an RJS template (or render a partial) to update
the page without reloading.  To call this action, you can use
periodically_remote (or something like that), or write your own javascript
that calls the action periodically with javascript's setInterval().