[Backgroundrb-devel] RMagick progress monitor with backgroundrb - possible?

Ben Haynor ben.haynor at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 16:07:18 EDT 2007

I'm looking for a way to give the user a progress monitor on large
image manipulations with RMagick.  I first looked at this method -
http://www.imagemagick.org/RMagick/doc/imageattrs.html#monitor - to do
it in a controller action, but since I can't call multiple renders in
an action, I would need to store the progress in the database and call
another action from javascript to look it up, which seems like
overkill(although maybe there is a better way I haven't thought of?).
So, I was wondering if it is possible to do it in a more
straightforward way with backgroundrb?