[Backgroundrb-devel] plugin not loading for model? (acts_as_ferret)

Daniel Greig dgreig at magian.com
Tue Jul 10 21:16:01 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm using the older win32 happy backgroundrb in combination with the
'acts_as_ferret' install as a plugin.
Since I've installed acts_as_ferret, I haven't been able to get
backgroundrb to start. It keeps failing at the 'acts_as_ferret' method
call in one of my models.
Here's a code snippet of the model:

class Book < ActiveRecord::Base
  acts_as_ferret :fields => [:title, :description, :subject, :author]

etc......

It keeps failing when it gets to the acts_as_ferret call in the model:

./script/backgroundrb/../../config/../vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/base.rb:1248:in
`method_missing': undefined method `acts_as_ferret' for Book:Class
(NoMethodError)
from ./script/backgroundrb/../../config/../app/models/book.rb:2
from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`require'

I'm guessing that backgroundrb isn't loading other plugins whent the
rails environment loads, but I'm not really sure. I've tried to require
acts_as_ferret in the backgroundrb start script (but I'm probably doing
it wrong).
Is anyone able to help with how to get this working, or am I completely
off track?

thanks,
Dan