[Backgroundrb-devel] limiting processor usage

Eden Li eden at mojiti.com
Tue Jul 10 00:30:11 EDT 2007

You could also try adjusting the niceness of the process via nice(1):

nice -n 19 ./script/backgroundrb start

which makes the kernel assign a lower priority to backgroundrb
processes.  You'll have to experiment to find the right nice number,
it ranges [-20, 19] where -20 is the meanest (least nice, highest
chance to get run).

You can change the niceness of a process that's already running via renice(1).